Thursday, February 3, 2011

Some Straightforward Guidance on Admissions

One of the benefits of blogging is that I look at so many other writers, whether in blogs, print or even TV. I am especially impressed with work I see on the Patch, the online news platform backed by AOL that can be found across the country, dispensing local news and prompting discussion.

Here's a two-part discussion on admissions from the Annapolis, MD, Patch -- from the private and public school perspectives.

I found the private school counselor had the most interesting, commonsense points. And I also learned about an organization I didn't know about: the Education Conservancy, which describes itself as "a non-profit organization committed to improving college admission processes for students, colleges and high schools." Be sure to read its manifesto, offering guidance for students and parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment