Monday, March 14, 2011

What the Heck Is a Super Score?

I've been reading and writing about college admissions for nearly a year. I just learned about super scores -- and feel foolish that I'd never even heard the phrase until I attended a basic review of SATs and ACTs held at our local library.

But I still didn't quite understand the concept. Nancy Pullen, director of recruitment at Rutgers, set me straight. "We take the highest score achieved on each of the three sections of the SAT to then make the highest combined best set of scores." It sounds like a good deal to me. But she also said that some schools choose the best total score of all SATs or ACTs taken. You will need to check with the schools.

Okay. I should have known about this. You have my permission to laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment